What is Microblading?
Microblading is a relatively new, manual method of cosmetic tattooing for eyebrows. It is performed using a very fine sterile hand tool to deposit pigments into the epidermis. The hair strokes appear crisp, very fine, and extremely natural. The blade of the Microblading pen is 3 times thinner than the needles used for tattooing and does not go as deeply into the skin. Therefore, the pain is considerably less and the results are semi-permanent.
This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows. Microblading is perfect for those who want to fully reconstruct, define shape, create fullness or add a slight arch in the eyebrow area. The results are natural hair like strokes. The pigments used in this method will be formulated to match your original eyebrow color and if your eyebrows are still present it will blend perfectly into them.
The results can last anywhere from 1 to 2 years, depending on different factors affecting the procedure. However, a touch up once a year is recommended to retain the shape and saturation of pigment.
- To avoid excessive bleeding, please avoid blood thinners:
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages the 24 hrs. before
- No caffeine the day of procedure
- Please refrain from consuming pain relievers/killers unless directed by your physician.
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- No brow waxing or tinting one week before.
Your treatment will begin with a consultation to discuss the shape and the color of eyebrows! We use top of the line topical anesthetics to numb area to maximize your comfort. Once you have decided the shape, color and topical application we will start the permanent makeup process. You have the option of whether you want a natural or dramatic result. It is all up to you! You are in complete control of your treatment.
- DO NOT expect your brow tattoo to heal perfectly after the first session. Microblading is a multiple session process for best results as it is difficult to predict how well your skin will retain the pigment after the initial session.
- BE PATIENT during the healing process your brows will change and appear different from day to day, this is completely NORMAL.
- Immediately after the session expect your brows to be significantly LARGER, SHARPER, BRIGHTER, OR DARKER than what is expected for the outcome.
- You will experience a light film or scabbing over the next few days. Please allow them to fall off naturally so pigment is not lifted prematurely and scarring does not occur.
- When the film/scabbing comes off the hair strokes may seem faint. This is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. As your skin regenerates itself the pigment will become more clear and the true color will show.
- Not everyone hair stoke brows can heal clean and crisp. Hair strokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more muted and powdery while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined.
- Your brow tattoo will take up to 6-8 weeks to fully heal, depending on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates and new skin regrows to take its place.
Brow After Care Instructions
- Make sure your hands are washed and clean before encountering your brows to prevent any spread of bacteria.
- Avoid contact with water or any other liquids on your brow area for 7-10 days after the treatment. All liquids will expand a wound and create extra scabbing, as well as create unwanted pigment migration.
- Disinfect the brows by dabbing a small amount of witch hazel or saline solution 2-3 times a day to keep the area clean. If your skin is oily, disinfect more times if needed. Use recommended cream to keep brows lightly moisturized to help retain pigment.
- In case of itching relief, you can use Bactine, which contains lidocaine and benzalkonium chloride. It will also disinfect the area.
- In case of dryness, after you disinfect the area you can use a very small amount of coconut or grape seed oil. Make sure your eyebrows are not greasy, but just moistened a little so you won’t see any residue of the oil.
- After 7 days, you can use gentle soap or non-greasy cleaner to keep eyebrows clean
- Do not use other cleansers, soaps, ointments, cream with vitamins or antibiotics on eyebrows other than what is recommended by technician.
- Do not use Vaseline or any petroleum based products on your eye brows. This traps in heat and your skin will be unable to breathe.
- Do not rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring. Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly, however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
- Do not apply any cosmetics in this area for 10-14 days.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after procedure, UV rays can alter the pigment of your tattoo and cause it to fade more quickly.
- Do not go into sauna’s, pools, and steam rooms during the healing process.
- No chemical peels, dermabrasion, Botox and any other strong treatments for first 4 weeks.
After care is crucial, and it is very important to follow the aftercare instructions thoroughly during the healing period to ensure proper healing and color retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we cannot guarantee your results from improper care.
Failure to follow post-procedure instructions may cause loss of pigment, discoloration or infection.
Required Color Touch Up (6-8 Weeks later)
Your first touch-up appointment is complimentary. (not with special promotions) This can be scheduled no sooner than 6 weeks and no later than 8 weeks following your first session. This touch-up appointment is crucial for the best results. Additional touch-up appointments may be needed for oily, problematic skin, those with dark pigmented skin and people who do not follow care instructions properly.